Healthy low carb dessert recipe you can enjoy having without guilty conscious.
- Sweetener optionally
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Separate eggs and put egg whites into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg whites until hard peaks form.
- Add yolks one by one whilst keep whisking the whites.
- Grind almonds and flax seed.
- Mix dry ingredients (millet flour, baking powder, cinnamon, grinded flax seed and almonds together.
- Add grated carrot to the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add it to the whisked eggs and fold it in carefully. Add coconut oil with the batter as well.
- Cover cake mould with baking paper.
- Pour mixture into the cake mould and put it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Whilst cake base is baking, prepare cream on top.
- Put Mascarpone and orange juice into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until incorporates well.
- When cake base cooled properly, spread cream on top evenly.